[FreeNX-kNX] Printing issue - Fedora 11

chris at ccburton.com chris at ccburton.com
Thu Oct 8 08:30:47 UTC 2009

Steven James Drinnan <steven at scc.hk> wrote on 07/10/2009 03:40:06:

> lad it is sorted, but did you try authorizations.
> (System-Preferences-Authorizations). There is a Cups section. For me to
> access scanners I needed to allow console connections under the
> appropriate device.

That's a bit of a different issue.
The /dev/whatever for scanners were often root only in some distros till
recently.

I notice mine is now group lp with rw so I don't have to change it anymore
. . . .

The cups binaries should all be o+rx  . . .

http://openfacts2.berlios.de/wikien/index.php/BerliosProject:FreeNX_-_FAQ