[FreeNX-kNX] 答复: Fw: Re: Re: Freenx and keyboard input

ChrisB chris at ccburton.com
Fri Oct 2 21:26:55 UTC 2009

"Ruirui Zhang" <rrzhang at ipp.ac.cn> wrote on 02/10/2009 12:44:24:

> I added a new user account and tested, the problem still existed.
> But it works by using Xmanager or VNC .

Are you sure ?? it might well look like it's working.

Did you check out the X logs to ensure that xkbcomp is working for them
too ??

> What is the mean of “default keyboard” and “actual keyboard”? sorry,
> I am not know much knowledge about X.

Default means American English if you don't define anything else or define
it incorrectly, actual is the one you have, american or otherwise.

Check if you have a file called

        /usr/share/X11/XKeysymDB

If it's missing or trashed the xkmcomp will throw up just such errors.

Try running

        cd /usr/share/X11/xkb/compat/  then

        xkbcomp -a -w 10 -xkm ./xfree86 out.txt

do you recognize any errors !!

What state are your

        xorg-x11-libX11*.rpm

        xorg-x11*.rpm

files ?

Are you up to date ??

This is not a freeNX issue.

The issue is with your keyboard mappings, but FreeNX can be left waiting
for X to finish starting when somthing has gone wrong.

You should fix the main problem !!

> The root account works fine over freenx, does it means the freenx
> installed right? How can I get more log information?

If FreeNX was installed incorrectly then root would not work either.

root sometimes has a different environment . . .

You can turn on NX logging in /etc/nxserver/node.conf and check to see how
far it gets.

I expect you will find NX waiting for X to finish . . .

http://openfacts2.berlios.de/wikien/index.php/BerliosProject:FreeNX_-_FAQ