[FreeNX-kNX] Printing issue - Fedora 11

Vivek vivek at visolve.com
Thu Oct 1 17:04:49 UTC 2009

Hello Chris,

Thanks for your reply and Sorry for the very late reply...

Now I am trying this in the Fedora 8. My setup is like

FreeNX - freenx-server-0.7.3-11.fc8
Cups server - cups-1.3.9-2.fc8
Client - Windows - nomachine client. windows machine has a shared
network printer ( name - HPLaser ).

In the nx session (gnome), i do not see the windows printer. But i put
'ps -ef | grep cups', two cups process running under session user(vivek)
and it uses /home/vivek.nx/cups/cupsd.conf file.

In the system->Administrator->Printing, i select the 'Goto server'
option and connect to '/home/vivek/.nx/C-vivek-**/cups/cupsd.sock', It
showed the windows printer(HPLaser). But applications are not showing
the windows printer.

Please give some inputs for debugging this.

Thanks,
Vivek