[FreeNX-kNX] screen resolution and colour depth

olaf olaf-linux at gmx.de
Thu Nov 12 16:45:57 UTC 2009

Hi Jeremy !

Thank you for explain.

Am Donnerstag, 12. November 2009 05:11:13 schrieb Jeremy Wilkins:
> It may not be the hardware directly, but the firmware may not be offering
> the mode or may not be defaulting to the right mode.   You may have to
> change the mode on the thinclient if the firmware even detects its
> availablility.

"Firmware" = bios ?
I'm booting a thinstation+nxclient image over pxe, so I don't know a firmware
to change.

Am Donnerstag, 12. November 2009 05:11:13 schrieb Jeremy Wilkins:
> The client defines the resolution and colour
>  depth of the connection.  With NX the rendering happens at the client's
>  machine (thinclient)

How does the thinclient defines these settings? Does he get always the
"highest" resolution/colours, or have I change this manually anywhere?

The video graphic card of my (test-)thinClients have 8MB.
Should this be enough to work with kde-sessions, firefox, openoffice .. ?
Scrolling is awful, menu-items in openoffice and others are slow too.

bye
Olaf