[FreeNX-kNX] Problems when connecting to a FreeNX server through a Sunray session

Mario Becroft mb at gem.win.co.nz
Fri Jan 30 22:25:50 UTC 2009

Andy Malato <andym at oak.njit.edu> writes:

> The problem occurs when the FreeNX client establishes the Display connection.
> As the session is established, the mouse pointer appears washed out with
> lines through it.  The same thing also occurs with all Desktop icons.  I am
> not sure what is happening but it appears that the icons are not being drawn
> correctly.

There may be someone on the list who knows about running nx under Sunray
(VDI/ALP) and will help you directly.

Meanwhile it would be interesting to see the output of xdpyinfo on the
sunray.

Can you change the colour depth/format on the sunray to different values
(e.g. DirectColor, 16 bits or 24 bits)? If so, it could be interesting
to play with those settings.

It looks to me like the pixel format on the sunray is a bit unusual and
nx can't handle it.

--
Mario Becroft <mb at gem.win.co.nz>