[FreeNX-kNX] Reverse Connection with FreeNX

Federico Rosendo registrosnxuy at live.com.ar
Wed Feb 25 16:58:45 UTC 2009

Les Mikesell wrote:

> How is vnc able to connect for you?  Openvpn or ssh should be able to
> connect the same way.  If you had to configure something for vnc, you
> could be able to connect using port 5900 - or you can configure the same
> way for port 22 for ssh or any tcp or udp port for openvpn.

>> We must begin the connection in the server that is behind a router firewelled and the client have port forwarding or is in a dmz it doesn't matter, the thing is to make the connection like vnc reverse connection.
>>
>> Thank you for your help. I'm still waiting for a solution (if it can be made).

> If you only have one firewall on the server side and it permits outbound
> connections (NAT is OK), and the the client side has an open public
> address, the vpn or ssh port-forwarding should work - you just need the
> matching openvpn or sshd set up on the client.  If there is more
> involved, you'll have to explain what makes a reverse vnc connection
> work for you.

> --
> Les Mikesell

With VNC I only start the server on a LAN PC, and then specify the IP of the client (that is in listen mode)
and then the connection is established, simple. We want to do the same with FreeNX,
but we can't find the option for example to says the server: "connects to that client" and the options in the client to define the listen mode,
In VNC reverse connection we didn't made any router or firewall configurations at server side. Les do you think than vpn or ssh port-forwarding is good for us without firewall configurations at server side ?

Thank you very much.