[FreeNX-kNX] load balancing question(s)

Matt Nicholson sjoeboo at sjoeboo.com
Thu Feb 5 15:34:57 UTC 2009

Correct, I have, right now, the following:

Access01 => Load Balances to Access02,03 (and itself)

Access02,03 => Forward Connections to Access01, so that any direct connects
get re-roued via the load balancer, and also to get the right session info.

Now, when I connect to 01, it all seems to go well, and if it load balances
to itself, I get a session just fine. However, if it tried to load balance
to the other 2 hosts, I basically times out. I see nothing on 02,03 in
nxserver.log, but in my /var/log/secure, I can see my user getting
authenticated.

If i connect to access02 or 03, it forwards the connection to 01, which load
balances, and, once again, if it load balances to itself, works fine, but to
the other 2 hosts, it just hangs (client says negotiating link parameters
for a few minutes, then timesout.).

Any particular ports/firewall openings I need to know about? I was assuming
this was all over ssh.

I feel like I'm so close, but so far away! Any help would be great!

Matthew Nicholson
nicholson at eps.harvard.edu
Harvard University
FAS IT Research Computing