[FreeNX-kNX] freenx fails to launch KDE4 but gnome works OK - mandriva 2010 x86_64

alei69 alei69 at free.fr
Sun Dec 20 20:12:45 UTC 2009

Hi,
1) I modded nomachine client in order to start with "xterm". In my xterm
session, I ran startkde. Same result as in my first post (background image
half a sec, than crashs). I had a look into nxserver.log: nothing new, same
messages as in my previous post

2) I ran "cat node.conf | grep kde". All lines I've got were commented with
a "#" , see below
<..... extract....>
[root at localhost nxserver]# cat /etc/nxserver/node.conf | grep kde
# The FreeNX (freenx-knx at kde.org) list is here:
# Note: To have for example startkde run on even another core, just specify:
# COMMAND_STARTKDE="taskset -c 2 -- startkde"
#KDE_PRINTRC="$KDEHOME/share/config/kdeprintrc"
# It's run when a 'unix-kde' session is requested by the client.
#COMMAND_START_KDE=startkde
[root at localhost nxserver]#
<....end extract....>

3) Result of your command "type -a kde kde3 kde4 startkde startkde3
startkde4"
 [root at localhost nxserver]#  type -a kde kde3 kde4 startkde startkde3
startkde4
bash: type: kde : not found
bash: type: kde3 : not found
kde4 is a function
kde4 ()
{
    xinit /etc/X11/Xsession KDE4
}
kde4 is /usr/bin/kde4
startkde is /usr/bin/startkde
bash: type: startkde3 : not found
bash: type: startkde4 : not found
[root at localhost nxserver]#

-----
The system crashes once it shows me the background image for KDE.
Can we use that information ?

thanks for your help.

regards,
alei69