[FreeNX-kNX] freenx and KDE4

chris at ccburton.com chris at ccburton.com
Thu Dec 17 11:35:07 UTC 2009

alei69 <alei69 at free.fr> wrote on 15/12/2009 14:28:12:

>     of course, KDE4 works perfectly, as well as Gnome, on my PC

>     I have only KDE4 on my machine.

>     I have the same problem for all users.
>     Below you'll find 2 extracts of the file "session" in my ".nx"
> directory:

>     [/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] Xlib:  extension "Generic Event
Extension"
> missing on display ":1017.0".
>     Nepomuk server already running.
>     <unknown program name>(1886)/: Communication problem with  "krunner"
,
> it probably crashed.

No krunner, but that doesn't mean it crashed, it could just be the first
indication of shutting down . . .

>     Thanks for you help and hints.
>     regards,
>     alei69

You say kde actualy starts, but only lasts a second then dumps core
( on the server ), but works properly without NX in the picture . .

So you need to look through the logs for a freenx session to see if
there are any pointers . . .

What's in ~/.xsession-errors ??

I can't see any known issues with mandriva 2010 and freenx.

It is always useful to turn on freenx logging to see what happens,
eg agent is failing or node can't find something.

http://openfacts2.berlios.de/wikien/index.php/BerliosProject:FreeNX_-_FAQ