[FreeNX-kNX] Timing Out

chris chris at ccburton.com
Thu Aug 20 19:45:13 UTC 2009

Andrew Villano <AVillano at incentient.com> wrote on 20/08/2009 20:31:27:

> When I include -i it hangs. When I leave that out I get a password
> prompt immediately.

The -i must be followed by a path to a windows file containg the
client.id_dsa.key, which is the one in the windows client.

C:\Program Files\NX Client for Windows\bin\nxssh.exe -v -l nx -i
client.id_dsa.key -p 12019 75.127.217.69

If it works you should get the nomachine shell prompt and if you note the
TIME it takes this will tell you if the delay or failure is during this
phase.

You may get an error message in the debug !!

This is what I get.

HELLO NXSERVER - Version 3.2.0-73 OS (GPL, using backend: 3.2.0)
NX> 105

The next phase is to do the same thing but go for a different shell.

All on one line . . .
C:\Program Files\NX Client for Windows\bin\nxssh.exe -l nx -i
client.id_dsa.key -p 12019 -s /bin/bash 75.127.217.69

This should give you a Linux command prompt where you can enter . .

ssh -l your-user-name-here -p 12019  localhost

and see how long that takes . .

This should ask for a password and let you log in as the user. If this all
woeks quickly, its a windows problem ( probably )

I bet you are sick of this by now aren't you ??

chris