[FreeNX-kNX] freenx stopped working after update

Eli Morris emorris at pmc.ucsc.edu
Thu Aug 20 00:30:44 UTC 2009

OK. Found the problem. Not only do the permissions for the .ssh
directory and its contents have to be set correctly, the user's home
directory permissions also have to be set correctly for the pub key
login to work. When I set them to 'drwxr-xr-x', the password-less
login finally worked for the nx user. I swear, I looked at a lot of
troubleshooting pages and I never heard anyone mention the permissions
for the home directory having to be less permissive. Thanks to
everyone who helped! It would probably be Sept and I'd still be trying
to figure it out.

Thanks,

Eli