[FreeNX-kNX] freenx stopped working after update

Terje Andersen terander at guard.zapto.org
Wed Aug 19 14:55:57 UTC 2009

On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 22:14:44 -0700
Eli Morris <emorris at pmc.ucsc.edu> wrote:

<snip>

> I tried removing and reinstalling the freenx package. That did not
> help. I'm thinking there has got to be something about my system
> configuration that is not allowing the nx user to log in passwordless.
> Since the regular user can do it, it must be specific to the nx user
> somehow. Any ideas?

You could try to reconfigure the FreeNX server with the nxsetup script.

Quote from the wiki (http://openfacts2.berlios.de/wikien/index.php/BerliosProject:FreeNX_-_FAQ/Server#80.25_of_the_authorization_problems_are_ssh_related):

nxsetup --install --setup-nomachine-key --clean --purge

This will purge the current installation, cleaning out the current
configuration and install & configure the FreeNX Server once more.
As you might notice, this will also install (and set FreeNX to use), the
NoMachine keys that are built into the NoMachine NXClient.
If you want to use custom ones, I would suggest to start with the
NoMachine key then later run the nxsetup script again, specifying that
you want custom keys instead (just try to run the nxsetup script for
the parameters it accept).

	/Terje