[FreeNX-kNX] How / why not use the NX protocol as X replacement

Paul van der Vlis paul at vandervlis.nl
Tue Aug 18 08:15:49 UTC 2009

Kissake schreef:
> I've read the documentation I can readily find.  I welcome being directed to
> other documentation, so please feel free to suggest RTFM while pointing at
> the specific manual you are referring to.  Places I have already looked
> include the NX web site, the NeatX web site, the NeatX source, including doc
> directory.
>
> The part that most greatly confuses me is the complex setup for the NX
> server, including ssh keys and the like (I am referring to the behind-the
> scenes portion, with the additional user account, authentication, and
> internal management protocols).

This setup is needed for compatibility with Nomachine NX. If you don't
like it, you could take a look at X2go, what has a more simple way of
login (ssh, but no "nx" user). But it is not compatible with Nomachine
NX, so you have to use their client. http://www.x2go.org/

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.

--