[FreeNX-kNX] Filesharing enabled but not working on FreeNX

chris at ccburton.com chris at ccburton.com
Tue Aug 11 09:52:35 UTC 2009

"Edgar Sampson" <edgar at isoft.co.za> wrote on 11/08/2009 09:30:44:

> Hi,
>
> I’m trying to use the filesharing capabilities on FreeNX. I setup my
> local share however after a successful connection to the nxserver I
> get the following message:
> Info: Share:  ‘//COMPUTERNAME/sharename’ failed to mount:
> Receiving SMB: Server stopped responding
> 7777: session request to COMPUTERNAME failed (Call returned zero bytes
(EOF)).

> KB entries I’ve researched didn’t help much in resolving this
> problem. Can anybody shed some light.
>
> Regards,
> Edgar

Numerous things all along the line can cause this to fail, including
timeouts.

Try connecting manually first from within the nx session

ie

Find the port which is being used on the nx server for the tunnel from the
nx server to your workstation typically 4000 et seq.

if you run

 sudo netstat -napt|grep nxagent

you will get a list, including some 7000s.

Then try

sudo mount.cifs //WORKSTATION/sharename
where-you-want-to-mount-it-on-the-server -oip=127.0.0.1,port=4000(or
whatever),user=whoever-you-are-on-the-workstation

and see if it mounts.

You need to ensure that the local share works, you have set the share
password in the nxclient and the nxclient is configured set to up the
tunnel.

chris

http://openfacts2.berlios.de/wikien/index.php/BerliosProject:FreeNX_-_FAQ