[FreeNX-kNX] Sessions Choice feature request, or question

jhonyl jhonyl at netscape.net
Wed Oct 29 22:48:46 UTC 2008

Hello fellow FreeNXers,

  When connecting to the server, if there exist already a suspended or a
running session there for me, then it is usually automatically selected
and resumed for me without any prompts.

  However, sometimes I like the suspended or running session to keep
running, or keep being suspended, and start a new session.

So the question is how do I do that?

And if that isn't possible, then the feature request is to add the the
FreeNX server some feature that would allow one to choose to start a
new session, and not auto-resume some existing session. One option of
implementation, since we have no control over the nxclient, except what
we write in user name and password, is that if a new session is wanted
will be written by the user at the end of its username i.e. username
will be written as user name instead of just username

Now looking at the title, I wonder if there exist a situation where
several sessions exist for one user, but one is auto selected for
resume, which can be the wrong one. Similar solution could be
implemented to force the choice window to appear.