[FreeNX-kNX] Restricting what can be launched - some success :)

Steven Maddox (Cyorxamp) s.maddox at cyorxamp.info
Fri Nov 28 12:19:17 UTC 2008

Hey folks,

I have a box with the latest FreeNX and I've found the
node_find_application() routine inside the nxnode file.

At the bottom of the routine I override what it returns for my
application name instead, so whatever they picked to launch it ignores
it.  I'm looking to do something more elegant however, so that when
someone has tried to log in as username 'guest' it will change the
application to be launched to the specific one as before, however if it
is anyone else logging in it should continue as normal.  So I tried this...

       if [ "$HOME" != "guest" ] then
               echo "$NODE_STARTX"
       else
               echo "my-application"
       fi

It doesn't work however and just says authentication failed, so I'm
probably using $HOME to check the username when I shouldn't be.  Any
other tips on how I can do this?

Sincerely...

Steven Maddox
(Cyorxamp)