[FreeNX-kNX] using NX to remotely log into linux machine where vmware emulated windows should run

Thomas Pfrommer pfrommer at phas.ubc.ca
Tue Mar 4 05:27:24 UTC 2008

Hi,
sorry about this long title. I would like to remotely login to my linux
machine and then use vmware to get into windows. I set up NX (right now
using the nomachine server) and vmware and everything is working. If I
am physically on the linux machine, I can access windows. i can also
logon with NX from outside, but when I am starting vmware and the boot
window comes up where i am supposed to choose windows, I click to get
into this window but then it freezes and i have no access anymore
(vmware says ctrl+alt would relief the mouse to be in the linux
environment, but this does not work either. I guess I am just too many
shells inside with different keystrokes (using a mac where the nx client
is installed, to enter in first place)).
Is there a trick to get remotely access to an vmware emulated windows XP?
Thanks a lot
Thomas