[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX insists on keys....

Verner Kjærsgaard vk at os-academy.dk
Thu Jul 10 19:42:19 UTC 2008

Hi list,

- this one's been asked before, only I can't seem to find the answer, so
pls foregive me...

- I'm on a brand new SuSE11 with FreeNX from YaST.
- I run ./nxsetup --setup-nomachine-key --install
- but when connecting FreeNX doesn't even try password authentication,
it just insists on a key - which it doesn't and shouldn't find...

I removed FreeNX, re-installed, took out user nx from everywhere, I ran
out of ideas...I edited /etc/freenx/node.conf to contain

ENABLE_SSH_AUTHENTICATION = "1"
I restarted the sshd

Yes, I can log in from localhost using ssh and all.

Eh, I ran out of ideas...anyone please :-)