[FreeNX-kNX] Linux Client Mathematica

Dimitar Paskov pascoff at nola7.com
Fri Jan 25 09:50:12 UTC 2008

> Hi,
>
> we have installed freeNX Version 1.5.0-70 on openSUSE 10.3. We want to use
> Mathematica 6 on this Server. We used the newest NX Client for Win, Mac und
> Linux from NoMachine.
>
> Problem: Mathematica needs client-side special fonts.
>
> I have solved the Problem for the Windows NX Client, but i can't find a
> solution for linux. A colleague has installed the Mathematica fonts in his
> X11. This works for using Mathematica at ssh X11 forwarding but not for the
> NX Client.

Hi, we also use nxclient 1.5 with software that needs client side fonts.
The solution is either to use font server that is accessible from the
server an the client or install these special fonts both on the client X
and on the server where nxagent is. To check what fonts you got run
"xfontsel" on the server and on the client X and see if fonts a there.
If you have installed these fonts you can include them in the
environment with "xset +fp /path/to/font/directory". Thats it :)