[FreeNX-kNX] sourcing ~/.bash_profile and not ~/.login

Devin Bougie dab66 at cornell.edu
Mon Dec 1 18:58:28 UTC 2008

Hello,

Why does freenx source a user's ~/.bash_profile regardless of whether
or not they are using bash?  In addition, I see that freenx does not
source a user's ~/.login file, even if they use tcsh as their default
shell.  It seems to me that freenx should source the same user login
scripts that are sourced with any other login shell.

I see that this has been raised at least twice previously.  However, I
just now joined this list and am not able to post directly to the
existing threads.
http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/freenx-knx/2008-April/006941.html
http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/freenx-knx/2007-June/005281.html

We are currently using the nx-3.2.0-8.el4.centos and
freenx-0.7.2-3.el4.centos rpms.

Many thanks,
Devin

------
Devin Bougie
Laboratory for Elementary-Particle Physics
Cornell University
dab66 at cornell.edu