[FreeNX-kNX] firefox 3 poor image quality

Stefan Bauer stefan.bauer at plzk.de
Wed Aug 6 12:54:09 UTC 2008

* Natxo Asenjo <natxo.asenjo at gmail.com> [06.08.2008 14:43]:
> I have debian lenny running freenx
> HELLO NXSERVER - Version 2.1.0-72 OS (GPL, using backend: 3.1.0)

Why do you run software which is classified as _testing_ ?

> This morning we updated the software because iceweasel 3 had entered
> the reposotories. Iceweasel has been updated, now we have finally
> version 3, but the image quality (all images except for flash
> animations) is very poor. It's like 256 coulours.

Iceweasel 3.x requires a newer libglib and libgtk so there might be the
resolution problem.

> from there, the image quality was poor. Now that the software is
> updated I cannot roll it back, so it seems:
>
> # apt-get install mozilla-firefox
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> Package mozilla-firefox is not available, but is referred to by another package.
> This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
> is only available from another source
> However the following packages replace it:
>   iceweasel
> E: Package mozilla-firefox has no installation candidate

You can roll back but not with flying colors:

Get rid of the old packages from testing and install the 2. branch from
http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool/main/i/iceweasel/

regards

--
stefan