[FreeNX-kNX] Dropping Connection

Tom Barber tom at wamonline.org.uk
Thu Sep 20 05:14:05 UTC 2007

Hi Guys,

I posted the following on the Centos Forums but got no response so I was
hoping someone on here may have an idea....

I've recently installed Centos 5 on a work server that I plan to operate
the Pentaho BI suite on. On the server I installed nxserver from the
repo and set it up accordingly. The weird thing is that after an evening
at home logged on via vpn and everything going swimmingly well, I've
arrived at work today to find that both my windows and gentoo versions
of nxclient drop their connections roughly every 5 minutes, it just
kicks them both out. I thought this was a little odd as it kills off all
of my ssh connections(even just plain ssh terminals) and wont let me log
back in for 30 seconds or so and then it lets me back in straight where
I left off, so its not the nxserver dying and its doesn't appear to be a
hardware issue as I've even put my hdd in a 2nd box today and tried it
in there with the same effect.
My messages and nxserver logs are empty, I've not got my firewall
switched on or SELinux(we're behind a corporate firewall so I figure
we're reasonably safe).

Anyway if anyone could give me a few hints as to why it keeps throwing
me out, that would be great.

Cheers

Tom