[FreeNX-kNX] how to disable freenx clipboard synchronization?

Ugur Aslan ugur at uguraslan.net
Tue Sep 18 14:46:37 UTC 2007

Fabian Franz wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have moved from nxserver free edition to freenx. Because there is a
>> limitation about concurrent user number (Only two users can connect at
>> the same time). Actually, I do not know, whether or not same limitation
>> exists for freenx? Because as far as I know, freenx uses Nomachine
>> provided libraries.
>>
>> Second and the main question is, how can I disable freenx clipboard
>> synchronization as I do with nomachine's nxserver. I have found that, if
>> I write "clipboard=no" to "options file", clipboard synchronization is
>> disabled. But I have only /etc/nxserver/node.conf as a configuration
>> file. Where do I have to add "clipboard=no" parameter?
>>

> clipboard=no is not yet supported in FreeNX, however you can hack it in easily:
>
> Edit nxnode and find
>
> cat >> "$USER_FAKE_HOME/.nx/C-$sessid/options"
>
> There you just add your parameter clipboard=0 to the list of options.
>
> Like clipboard=0,<the other options>
>
> cu
>
> Fabian

Thanks for your reply. I added clipboard=0, terminated all sessions and
restarted nxserver but nothing changed. I added clipboard option to the
nxnode file like that (to the end of line):

cat << EOF > $USER_FAKE_HOME/.nx/C-$sess_id/options
${kbtype:+kbtype=$kbtype,}${kbload:+kbload=$kbload,}${keymap:+keymap=$keymap,}${resize:+resize=$resize,}${CACHE}${IMAGES}${PACK}link=$link,nodelay=$nodelay,type=$type,cleanup=0,${ACCEPT}cookie=$proxy_cookie,id=$sess_id,samba=$samba,media=$media${sync:+,sync=$sync}${cups:+,cups=$cups}${keybd:+,keybd=$keybd}${http:+,http=$http}${rdpcolors:+,rdpcolors=$rdpcolors}${rdpcache:+,rdpcache=$rdpcache}${fullscreen:+,fullscreen=1}:$display,clipboard=0
EOF

Did I add option to wrong place? If so, can you help me to add it to
right place?

Thanks,
Ugur Aslan