[FreeNX-kNX] able to connect from windows but not linux

Alastair Johnson alastair at solutiontrax.com
Fri Sep 14 14:20:42 UTC 2007

On Thursday 13 September 2007, Fabian Franz wrote:
> > 1004 Error: NX Agent exited with exit status 1.
> > NX> 1006 Session status: closed
> > /usr/libexec/nx/nxnode: line 492:  7548 Segmentation fault      (core
> > dumped) PATH="$PATH_BIN:$PATH" $PATH_BIN/nxagent $P $R -name "NX -
> > $user@$SERVER_NAME:$display - $session (GPL Edition)" -option
> > "$USER_FAKE_HOME/.nx/C-$sess_id/options" $K $G $B $FP
> > $AGENT_EXTRA_OPTIONS_X
> >
> > :$display 2>&3
>
> Okay, nxagent does segfault.
>
> It might seem that my patch for 64-bit was not complete after all - even
> though it worked fine for me.

I've just checked, and the nx-2.1.0-22.fc7.src.rpm does contain your February
64 bit patch. I tried to build a new rpm from it, but it bombs trying to copy
the nxdesktop man page on top of itself. I commented the bits of the spec
file related to this, and it then built an x86_64 rpm. After I installed this
it stopped working from anywhere! Reinstall the original binary and I'm back
where I started. So much for being able to build from source RPMs!

> I guess I need to add basic 3.0.0 support as backend at least for 64-bit
> machines.

It may be easier than tracking down this obscure problem in 2.1.0. It only
seems to affect 64 bit servers so far, but has happened with both 32 bit and
64 bit client OSs now. The same client binaries work fine on some systems and
cause server failures on others.