[FreeNX-kNX] connection problem relating to missing options file

Fabian Franz FabianFranz at gmx.de
Thu Sep 13 12:42:39 UTC 2007

> I'm having a problem connecting from Windows XP client, ver. 3.0.0-78,
> to freenx server (on "kitchen computer") installed from latest Seveas
> Ubuntu Feisty package (0.6.0-0~seveas2).  The session file contains:
>
> Warning: Couldn't open option file '/home/harrington/.nx/C-kitchen
> computer-1000-8E027D75A1A685ADBE307AEAE2B9A35D/options'. Error is 'No
> such file or directory'.

Sorry, in 0.6.0 a whitespace in hostname is not allowed and leads to errors.

I just fixed it in SVN. (Damn, I knew that would bite us one time, but I did not use necessary care to do it for all occurences in the past ...)

For now I suggest renaming the hostname to "kitchencomputer" or "kitchencomp".

cu

Fabian