[FreeNX-kNX] able to connect from windows but not linux

Alastair Johnson alastair at solutiontrax.com
Thu Sep 13 08:46:48 UTC 2007

On Thursday 13 September 2007 05:02:22 Philip Baltar wrote:
> I've been trying to run the client (3.0.0) on my 32bit laptop.  It works
> fine in Vista, but Fedora 7 doesn't work.  In Fedora, I also tried some old
> version (2.?.?) that I found lying around on my hard drive.  That didn't
> work either.  This leads me to believe that it's some issue with the
> server.  Of course, that doesn't explain why the windows client works.

Interesting...see below

> I've disabled selinux on both the server and the client.
>
> server running 64bit Fedora 7:
> nx.x86_64 2.1.0-22.fc7
> freenx.x86_64 0.6.0-12.fc7
>
> -- NX SERVER START:  - ORIG_COMMAND=
> HELLO NXSERVER - Version 1.5.0-60 OS (GPL)

Snip normal-looking bit of log

> NX> 1009 Session status: starting
> NX> 710 Session status: running
> NX> 1002 Commit
> NX> 105 NX> 1006 Session status: running
> bye
> Bye
> NX> 999 Bye
> NX> 1004 Error: NX Agent exited with exit status 1.
> NX> 1006 Session status: closed
> /usr/libexec/nx/nxnode: line 492:  7548 Segmentation fault      (core
> dumped) PATH="$PATH_BIN:$PATH" $PATH_BIN/nxagent $P $R -name "NX -
> $user@$SERVER_NAME:$display - $session (GPL Edition)" -option
> "$USER_FAKE_HOME/.nx/C-$sess_id/options" $K $G $B $FP
> $AGENT_EXTRA_OPTIONS_X

This looks like the problem I'm getting when connecting to 64 bit servers from
my 64 bit Gentoo box (see thread 'Odd nxagent segfault issue'). This is
unresolved, but Fabian has said it sounds like his February patch to te nx
libs for 64bit may not be present in the Fedora RPMs. I've not had time to
check the source RPM yet.