[FreeNX-kNX] OT: Editing a .nxs file with nxclient

Fabian Franz FabianFranz at gmx.de
Sat Sep 8 21:41:09 UTC 2007

> Felix E. Klee wrote:
> > At Sat, 08 Sep 2007 21:06:55 +0200,
> > Felix E. Klee wrote:
> >> How can I edit a .nxs file using nxclient?
> >
> > I just sent a feature request for an "--edit" option to the NoMachine!
> folks.
>
> So you did first try "--help", but when it told you
>
>     nxclient --config blabla.nxs

Wow, you did give me a shock first. Had I really overseen / forgotten this option? (as I had suggested in irc to try a FR). ;-)

Nope, "fortunately" it does not do exactly, what --edit should do.

Well, that would allow to create new client.cfg, which points to another directory, which has the .nxs file, but that is not very different from copying the file to .nx/config and editing it.

I think a --edit <file.nxs> would still be nice so I think an innocent feature request is the way to go. :)

cu

Fabian