[FreeNX-kNX] Odd nxagent segfault issue

Alastair Johnson alastair at solutiontrax.com
Fri Sep 7 22:37:22 UTC 2007

On Friday 07 September 2007, Fabian Franz wrote:
> > Server 1:
> > FC7 x86_64 with x86_64 versions of:
> > nx-2.1.0-22.fc7
> > nxclient-3.0.0-78
> > freenx-0.6.0-12.fc7
> >
> > Server 2:
> > FC5 x86_64 with x86_64 versions of:
> > nx-2.1.0-22.fc5
> > freenx-0.6.0-12.fc5
>
> Are you sure those are patched correctly for 64-bit with my patch from
> february?

Not certain, but IIRC before your patch only x86 versions were available, and
the x86_64 versions appeared some time after your patch. This made me think
they had the patch applied, but I should probably check the source RPMs to be
sure.

> Else I would say that you should install 3.0.0 backend and do some tweaks
> to FreeNX to support it.
>
> > Client 1 can connect to 32bit freenx servers without problem, but when
> > connecting to Server 1 or Server 2 the nxagent on the server will
> > segfault.
> > This happens with both versions of the client mentioned.
> >
> > Client 2 can connect both to 32bit servers and to servers 1 & 2 without
> > problems using the same settings as used on Client 1.
>
> This seems like the problem that I patched in February.

From your February announcement:
	What did not work:
	nxproxy * bit <-> nxagent 64 bit
I took that to mean that a 65 bit nxagent on the server would segfault with
connections from either 32 bit or 64 bit clients. Did I misunderstand?