[FreeNX-kNX] Manually starting a freenx session

Carlos Matos matos4ever at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 15:41:56 UTC 2007

Hi.

I'm implementing a re-routing application using freenx as the server.
Basically the idea is to have the client connecting to a
server, authenticating there and giving him the parameters for the session
it wants, that server will give him back a cookie and an IP:port address
of another server in a server farm. This IP:port is discovered by balancing
the load in the server farm. The server who gets the first connection of the
client ( i call it frontserver ... or frontend server.. ) will create the
actual session in the backend server for the client. The client would then
only authenticate himself in the backend server with the cookie and
user/pass and restore the session. This is made so that the frontserver has
all the session administration responsabilities on him.

The problem is when the frontend server has to start the session on the
backend server. I've tried implementing it on Bash and Perl. The problem, i
guess, is that i don't exactly know how to manually start a session. I've
tried to do it like it's described in the NoMachine knowledge base :

Authentication

List

Startsession 'parameters'

Starting nxproxy in a new process ( implementing it by "/usr/bin/NX/nxproxy
'parameters' &" )

Bye ( to nxserver )

Switching command ( to nxserver. )

This simply doesn't work. I'm doing exatcly this and first... nxproxy
doesn't connect to anything... second.. freenx says that Switching is not
possible, only redirection is accepted. I'm simply out of ideas and haven't
found anymore information regarding manually starting a session than in the
NoMachine knowledge base. Any idea would be welcome. I have to make the
frontserver initiate a session to the backserver while invisible for the
user ( he must not enter anymore information than he already has when he
made the connection to the frontserver ).

If someone could help, it would be a lifesaver.

Thanks to all.

Carlos Matos