[FreeNX-kNX] Keyboard Layout using RDP connections

Fabian Franz FabianFranz at gmx.de
Mon Sep 3 09:35:22 UTC 2007

> > This change must be done in nxloadconfig, where it says 1.5.0-70. Change
> that to 2.1.0-70.

> After changing the value of nxserver-version, the client can't connect
> anymore. It stops at "Negotiating Link Parameters".

Hm, okay. Can you send a server or client log? I do not have a windows machine online, so I can't test the RDP.

> > Okay then the addition would be:
> >
> > # HACK change session from starting nxdesktop to
> > # start nxagent + rdesktop in full screen.
> >
> > if [ "$(getparam type)" = "windows" ]
> > then
> >    type="unix-application"
> >    application="rdesktop -f -u $(getparam agent_user) -k $(getparam
> kbload | cut -d'/' -f2) $(getparam agent_server)"
> >     CMDLINE="$CMDLINE&type=$type&application=$application"
> > fi
> >
> I insertet these lines after:
> echo_x "HELLO NXSERVER - Version $NX_VERSION $NX_LICENSE"

Uh, no. That was in the mail before:

Add it to:

server_startrestore_session()
{
        ACTION="$1"

        server_get_params $CMD
        PARAMS=$SERVER_PARAMS
        PARAMS="$PARAMS&clientproto=$PROTO"
        CMDLINE=$PARAMS
        echo_x
+
+ # here add the above code
+
# If we can't get the userip and SSHD_CHECK_IP is set to 1
# we bail out.

> > PS: If none of those options work for you (or take too much time to
> understand / implement) you can also use commercial support / commercial
> customization. If that is what you need, drop me a mail in private.
> >
> Thank you! I would prefere to take the "freenx" so I tried that mailing
> list. I have one server with commercial nxserver 1.5.0, but i don't like
> the Nomachine! support...

Well, while you normally can't buy FreeNX I do offer commercial support / customization for special cases. It is just an offer for you to save time experimenting. I'll of course continue the free support in my free time (which will be very limited for the next week as I'm writing exams).

cu

Fabian