[FreeNX-kNX] unexpected client connection to vnc-local

Mark Van De Vyver mvyver at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 09:02:01 UTC 2007

On Nov 28, 2007 5:01 AM, Jeremy Wilkins <wjeremy at shaw.ca> wrote:
> Mark, this patch fixes the issue related to the suspend/resume problems by
> removing calls to nxclient to show a dialog.  This causes nxdialog to fall
> back to the basic xdialog method.  It seems when desktop mirroring is on it
> causes problems with showing the dialog through nxclient.  The file
> attached is a Debian patch, but if you remove the dpatch header it is
> simply a diff file.  Remember though that SVN has a better resolution as
> Fabian has mentioned earlier.  This is just a temporary fix until the next
> release.  I hope to backport those fixes from SVN or if you can make a new
> release Fabian?  Then I can update my patches and release a new version for
> Debian/Ubuntu.

Thanks for the patch - much appreciated.

> BTW If anyone wants to contribute to the Ubuntu forum that I have setup
> please go to:
> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=620057&highlight=freenx
>
> As for your other issue with X0 local sessions I do not know much except
> that I never use it.  As far as I know, if you resume that under a VNC

In case anyone else experiences this.  I don't use VNC at all, rather
my unix-kde sessions gets forced/'converted'
into a X0 local session if ENABLE_DESKTOP_SHARING=1

When I set ENABLE_DESKTOP_SHARING=0 then the 'unix-kde' session-type
setting is not altered.

> session type it is supposed to give you a local desktop.  I just choose new
> session and that works fine for me.  I still haven't been able to get VNC

Yes that is what I did before using ENABLE_DESKTOP_SHARING=0
and I also was able to connect.
I too though they were related issues - but in my case at least they weren't :)

Thanks again
Mark