[FreeNX-kNX] Problem with nxlaunch

Vincent Besse vincent at ouhena.org
Mon Nov 19 22:28:20 UTC 2007

Hello the list,

I've dowloaded nxcl and nxlaunch from the svn repo and installed the
NXClient 3.0.0-84 from NoMachine. I'm running debian boxes (sid on the
client side and Etch on the server side). The server is freenx 0.7.0
with the 2.1.0 libs from NoMachine.

Connection with nxclient is okay (I don't use cups nor esd).

I compiled (fine) nxcl and nxlaunch with --enable-debug-output.

'nxcmd myserver me mypass xterm' ends with this lines:
NX> 102 Password:
nxssh<-stdin-
********
nxssh-stdout->

nxssh-stdout->
NX> 103 Welcome to: myserver user: me
NX> 105

Then nothing happens. Don't know if that's OK.

when trying nxlaunch, I have the list of my sessions. WAOW! Great!
I select one and...:(
There are two processes nxlaunch, the second is <defunct>. Last lines
in the terminal are:
launch_connection() called
NXLAUNCH> About to exec 'nxcl 0'
NXLAUNCH> Process error: 0 crashed. errno:2
NXLAUNCH> forked the nxcl process; continuing.
NXLAUNCH> Added match 'type='signal',interface='org.freenx.nxcl.nxcl0''

After ~30s I have these more:
process 29249: arguments to dbus_message_unref() were incorrect,
assertion "message != NULL" failed in file dbus-message.c line 1391.
This is normally a bug in some application using the D-Bus library.
NXLAUNCH> nxcl didn't start!

Then I tried this: launching nxlaunch (humm) from a terminal then,
during the 30s before the end, opened a second terminal and typed 'nxcl
0'. Last lines in the second terminal are the same than with nxcmd,
these new lines appears in the first term:
NXLAUNCH> Sending settings for connection vserver, to Server IP.OF.THE.SERVER
NXLAUNCH> sent settings
NXLAUNCH> Waiting to receive session information
NXLAUNCH> receiveSession() returned 0
NXLAUNCH> Received session

A 'Launch Status' windows pop up and nothing more. I have to Ctrl^C
everything.

I'm not a C++ guru, so, as nxcl and nxlaunch are part of the freenx svn
repo, I posted this here.

In the hope someone can help.

Regards.

Vincent