[FreeNX-kNX] dumb questions - FreeBSD

dewey hylton freenx at deweyonline.com
Mon May 28 15:25:48 UTC 2007

> Hi all!
> Please help me with my dumb questions, on which i can't find ansvers over
> internet...0
>
> Im successfully installed nxserver-2.1 port on freebsd. Then i setup it by
> ./nxsetup --install
> and service start OK.
> What i need to do next?
>
> Do i need to configure/edit some configs of xorg (xorg.conf, xdm access,
> etc)?
> Do i need to run X or xdm?
>
> This computer with installed nxserver is remote server, i need to connect to
> him remote. Do i need to start X server on it locally?
> I don't need to run KDE or GNOME on it, im just enough icewm. What i need to
> do this? (of course i'm already install icewm)
>
> Big thanks to ansvers!
>
> PS: sorry for my english...
>
> --
> Pashman <pashman-2oo7 at mail.ru>

where did you obtain "nxserver-2.1 port" for freebsd? it's not in the ports
tree. you can start by installing "linux-nx-client" locally, which is in the
ports tree. create users on the nxserver machine, point the client to the ip of
your nxserver machine, ensure encryption is selected (tunnels everything through
ssh) and login using a user/password you created on the nxserver.