[FreeNX-kNX] Why does nx need a two step authentication?

pegasus pegasus at ifdo.pugmarks.com
Fri Mar 2 08:03:36 UTC 2007

On 3/1/07, Fabian Franz <FabianFranz at gmx.de> wrote:
> > Do note that this two phased authentication has been the source of
> > security problems in the past,
> Not as far as I remember. If you can remind me, do so, but if not this is pure FUD.
I seem to recall that in earlier versions of nx, the default nomachine
supplied ssh public key access file didn't have the no-port-forwarding
or command options. The first was being abused to relay hacking
attempts and spam. The later gives local user command access.

I can't, however, seem to find the posts where this was detailed, so I
might very well be imagining things. At the very least, early versions
of FreeNX's nxsetup don't have these limiting options.

Anik