[FreeNX-kNX] freebsd porting, nxagent starts, connecting with nxclient stops

Mathias Picker Mathias.Picker at gmx.de
Thu Jun 28 15:07:40 UTC 2007

OK, after not understanding the problem with poll for way to many days I
just switched the server to using select (setting HasPoll NO in
FreeBSD.cf)

Now nxproxy -S :1000 && nxagent -display "nx/nx,link=lan:1000" :1000
works, I can use AbiWord & inkscape flawlessly.

But connecting with nxclient still does not work. Any tips on how to
debug further this are very welcome!

The errors I get:

#cat wontwork-1/errors
Loop: WARNING! Forcing flush on priority with session raw.
Loop: WARNING! Disabling image cache with session 'session_raw' and link
'adsl'.
Socket: PANIC! Failed to set TCP_NODELAY flag on FD#14 to 1. Error is 22
'Invalid argument'.
NXTransWatchdog: WARNING! Parent process appears to be dead. Exiting
watchdog.
NXTransKeeper: WARNING! Parent process appears to be dead. Exiting
keeper.

#tail wontwork-1/session
Session: Session started at 'Thu Jun 28 16:26:28 2007'.
Error: Failed to set TCP_NODELAY flag on FD#14 to 1. Error is 22
'Invalid argument'.
Session: Terminating session at 'Thu Jun 28 16:26:28 2007'.
Info: End of NX transport requested by signal '15'.
Info: Waiting the cleanup timeout to complete.
Info: Shutting down the NX transport.
Warning: Parent process appears to be dead. Exiting watchdog.
Warning: Parent process appears to be dead. Exiting keeper.

As far as I know, the problem with TCP_NODELAY does not stop the server
(it does not when manually calling nxproxy/nxagent).

So how can I debug this?

Thanks, Mathias