[FreeNX-kNX] nxagent - unable to open display :-(

Fabian Franz FabianFranz at gmx.de
Thu Jun 28 14:38:59 UTC 2007

> I think I'm getting closer. nxagent now starts, but the
> clients/session doesn't show up in the nxagent window. :-(
>
> I attach the stuff in ~/.nx and the output of "ps aux" for this
> session. Maybe you can have a small look. I switched now to nxclient
> 3.0. On the other side is still NX-2.1.0/FreeNX-0.6.0 running.

Thanks. I think I know what is the problem.

Please try:

Replace all occurrences of "DISPLAY=unix:$display" in nxnode with "DISPLAY=:$display".

Which might explain why it is the case with only libxcb (like reported in the bug report) ...

I guess that libxcb does no longer accept the unix: notation and thinks it is a hostname and tries to connect to it, instead of seeing that this notation means that it should always use the /tmp/.X11-unix/X<num> file.

Thanks again for your work!

cu

Fabian