[FreeNX-kNX] Please help troubleshoot NX

Magnus Kessler Magnus.Kessler at gmx.net
Mon Jun 25 22:05:44 UTC 2007

On Sat Jun 23 18:27:04 CEST 2007 Alexey Eremenko wrote:
> Tested the just released NX client 3.0 - and it has the same silent crash
as v 2.1.0 on SUSE 10.3.

Hi Alexey,

I believe the problem lies with SUSE 10.3 using xcb in their X11
implementation.

Ever since I compiled libX11 with libxcb, I can no longer get a successful
NX session set up on that machine. My suspicion is that one or more of the
number of locking errors fixed over the last months in various X11
libraries still exist in the NX code base. The fact that no error appears
makes it of course much harder to track these down. Maybe the people at
NoMachine could help here.

Regards,

Magnus