[FreeNX-kNX] NX 3.0 is out

Joe Baker joebaker at nelfc.com
Thu Jun 21 13:31:31 UTC 2007

Fabian Franz wrote:
> Support will probably be added on the weekend, but I all beg you to send me or the mailing list lots of  mail and asking for that support. Also send me again mails during that weekend.

Fabian,
I beg you as you've requested to build support for freenx for this new 3.0.

Not only do we use it here at work.  Our Linux User Group has installed
a Feisty Fawn server with 1Gig of ram.   We intend to give out accounts
and make training materials to show how it is used.

I Installed NX's client on my mother's laptop and was able to show her
the power of my Linux desktop at work!  I think this is a much quicker
way of demonstrating Free Software.

I would like to see pulseaudio supported.  Pulseaudio can emulate ESD,
ARTS and OSD.  I think it's particularly interesting that pulse has the
ability to transcode audio on the fly.  This could be useful for modem
links.  Imagine mixing stereo down to mono and downsampling the sound,
providing full duplex low latency audio over a slow connection.

-Joe Baker
IT Adminsitrator
NEL Frequency Controls, Inc.
Burlington, Wisconsin