[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX and Debian Etch - A Horror Tale

jhonyl at netscape.net jhonyl at netscape.net
Sat Jun 16 15:01:43 UTC 2007

Hi,

 For me the "http://kern.nl/freenx/" worked. I saved all the files there in a single directory in my computer (/home/me/freenxpkg), added "deb file:/home/me/freenxpkg/ ./" to /etc/apt/source.list, did "aptitude update", and installed using synaptic.
I also had the sshd,  openssh I think, installed, and checked to be working before hand. I don't know if there are any new changes to it, one of the files I have is freenx_0.6.0dol1_all.deb . For me it worked out of the box. I should mention that I also installed the NX version, and then uninstalled it before installing the freenx version.

I quote: http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/freenx-knx/2007-February/004668.html
"[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX 0.6.0 and NX libs 2.1.0 packages for Debian
Durk Strooisma durk at kern.nl
Tue Feb 13 14:16:05 CET 2007

>> > deb http://kern.nl/freenx/ ./
>
>> But, I cannot get it. The server says:
>
> Yes, you can:
>
> http://kern.nl/freenx/Packages.gz
>> But, I cannot get it. The server says:
>
> Yes, you can:
>
> http://kern.nl/freenx/Packages.gz

Exactly, you can grab the files file by file. Anyway, here are the direct
links:
http://kern.nl/freenx/Packages.gz
http://kern.nl/freenx/Sources.gz
http://kern.nl/freenx/freenx_0.6.0dol1.dsc