[FreeNX-kNX] Setup freeNX without nomachine-key: Where to put the key on clients?

Johannes Kastl ojkastl at gmx.de
Thu Jun 14 18:42:28 UTC 2007

On 06/13/2007 11:48 PM Fabian Franz wrote:

> And really once you have done that its as easy as copying it to
> several machines.

Is there a template or some kind of default sessions file, where one
could add the key? So that all other newly created "sessions" start
with using that key?

> In fact this is now a huge advantage, because in earlier versions
> you could only have one secret key per client installation and
> using different secret keys for several computers was a huge
> headache.

I must admit I had not thought about that. But it would have been nice
to have both ways, adding a key to /usr/NX/share/client... or adding
via GUI.

> NoMachine did add this functionality mostly _after_ FreeNX started
> using custom keys ...

Nice one.

OJ
--
The end of the world is best viewed with Microsoft Universe Exploder
v6.66.