[FreeNX-kNX] Can't ssh nx at host

Yang g07dgk502 at sneakemail.com
Sun Jun 10 02:10:02 UTC 2007

Hi, I have an NX config that I've successfully used before, but for
some reason now I'm getting this "Connection Error":

NX> 203 NXSSH running with pid: 20807
NX> 285 Enabling check on switch command
NX> 285 Enabling skip of SSH config files
NX> 285 Setting the preferred NX options
NX> 200 Connected to address: 127.0.0.1 on port: 8822
NX> 202 Authenticating user: nx
NX> 208 Using auth method: publickey
Connection closed by 127.0.0.1

(Port 8822 is because the server is behind a firewall so I had to use
SSH remote tunneling. That is, from the server I ran "ssh -R
8822:localhost:22 client". This was how things worked last time.)

I read that I should try ssh-ing in using a client.id_dsa.key, but no
such file exists on my server. The server is running a derivative of
Ubuntu 6.06 and the client is running the latest Ubuntu Feisty.

Thanks in advance for any help.