[FreeNX-kNX] porting to freebsd, truss + strace output

Mathias Picker Mathias.Picker at gmx.de
Wed Jun 6 13:45:40 UTC 2007

I finally found some time again to start porting freenx/nxserver to freebsd.

I'm still pretty much at the same point I was weeks ago:

nxproxy -S 1000;nxproxy -C :1000 && xterm works.

DISPLAY="nx/nx,type=unix-desktop,link=lan:1000" nxagent :1000

does not, and does not open port 5000.

I recompiled nxserver with INFO & DEBUG in comp, but get not debugging info
in ~/.nx/C-1000/ ??

So I just installed strace and ran nxagent under strace & truss (the freebsd equivalent).

here are the files:
http://strongdesk.com:81/truss-nxagent.out
http://strongdesk.com:81/strace-nxagent.out

It seems nxagent tries to poll.... something?

I'm really no use at deciphering strace output; can anyone give me a hint on how or where to look further. I have the next 8 days maybe 4 hours per day & would love to finish the port....

Thanks, Mathias