[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX-kNX Digest, Vol 34, Issue 2

Alastair Johnson alastair at solutiontrax.com
Mon Jun 4 18:26:39 UTC 2007

On Monday 04 June 2007 13:28, sohbay at gmail.com wrote:
> Thanks for your help.
>
> yes I still have the following in the session log  /usr/libexec/nx/nxnode:
> line 306: startkde: command not found
>
> when I type- find / -iname startkde it takes 5 minutes but nothing is
> found.

Then startkde is not present. Without it KDE won't start. In my FC6 it is
provided by package kdebase and is in /usr/bin. You could try to verify the
package:
	rpm -V kdebase
This might tell you if something that's supposed to be there is missing, but
I've not used it before...

> when I type- which startkde I get the following-
> /usr/bin/which: no startkde in
> (/usr/kerberos/sbin:/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/
>
> sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/NX/bin:/root/bin)

This just says there's no startkde in the path. We already know it can't be
because it's not present.

I've ignored the config since without startkde it's just not going to work for
a kde session.