[FreeNX-kNX] [FreeNX-kNX / X++ Booster] FreeNX namechange

Kurt Pfeifle k1pfeifle at gmx.net
Fri Jul 20 22:21:49 UTC 2007

Leopold Palomo Avellaneda wrote:
> A Divendres 20 Juliol 2007 22:46, vincent at ouhena.org va escriure:

>>> Very original thought -- I like it. Just the resulting 4 letter thingie
>>> doesn't sound sexy at all.
>>>
>>> In this spirit, how about 'velocity-s'? (VEry LOng Cable InTo Your
>>> Screen)
>>>
>>> It's also not too exciting, but I'm sure people can come up with a 'word'
>>> that sounds good and transports the idea of the long screen cable as
>>> well.
>> Maybe it could be HYDE, for
>>     Have Your Desktop Everywhere
>>
>> Easy to pronounce, easy to remember, shows well what it's done for. The
>> logo can still be a screen cable rolling over the world or getting out a
>> bag or ...
>>
>> After all, isn't the NX techno a bit ...demoniac :)
>
> I like it!!!!!
>
> I like the idea of the cable but I think that the name it's cool. The problem
> is that if you make search in google, probably the project will not be never
> on the first place, but ...

What exactly should prevent it from climbing to the first place?

Probably only 'bad work' by the respective developers, so that it never
makes any 'hype'.

You should have googled for 'Plasma' a year or two ago, and you should
google for 'Plasma' now. (All the Plasma screen vendors are probably
starting to really hate KDE by now....)

--
Kurt Pfeifle
System & Network Printing Consultant ---- Linux/Unix/Windows/Samba/CUPS