[FreeNX-kNX] Release: FreeNX 0.7.0 "Jornade SPL Edition VI+1" + QA: The future

Fabian Franz FabianFranz at gmx.de
Sat Jul 7 20:21:03 UTC 2007

> Yea, thats pretty simple. What is nxproxy-stdin? Also, will it require
> a modified ssh client?

Nope, that was the biggest hack !M did before and its not needed at all ...

To have nxproxy use the existing ssh connection is as easy as (in C pseudo code):

if (fork() == 0)
{
dup2(0, nxssh_fd);
exec("nxproxy-stdin -options optionsfile");
}

And nxproxy-stdin is as easy as nxproxy, but does not open up a socket, but instead read and write to/from stdin socket ...

nxproxy-stdin is not yet created, but will be the first commit after the import of NX 3.0.0 into 2x SVN. I guess it'll take less then 1 hour to create it ... Strike that, here we go (but still untested):

-result = NXTransProxy(NX_FD_ANY, NX_MODE_ANY, NX_DISPLAY_ANY);
+result = NXTransCreate(0, NX_MODE_ANY, NX_DISPLAY_ANY);
+if (result)
+      // should not return
+      WaitCleanup();

This will ease client development bigtime!

This is also something that got more clear, when I was talking with Leopold: I need to do the difficult tasks, and make it easy for people to develop clients by providing the difficult functionality via some well defined interfaces ...

cu

Fabian