[FreeNX-kNX] Close button doesn't work (FreeNX 0.6.0, NX 2.1.0)

Durk Strooisma durk at kern.nl
Sun Feb 11 22:23:33 UTC 2007

> Hi,
>

>> Just wondering if anybody encountered the same issue... And hopefully
>> also a
>> solution...
>
>> I'm using the Ubuntu packages from
>> http://opensource.dental-on-line.com/ (FreeNX 0.6.0, NX 2.1.0), that
>> I've backported for use on Debian 3.1 (sarge).
>
> Nice, could you share them?

I'll try this week.

>> All works fine, but when having an opened NX session, the close
>> button of the NX client doesn't work; I don't get the window to
>> terminate or
>> suspend the session. Tested with NX Client for Windows 2.1.0-16.
>
> Do you have the commercial client installed on your server?

Ah... forgot about it, yes I do:

ii  nxclient       1.5.0-141      NoMachine NX Client and Libraries.

So I guess I should remove it and try again? Anything else besides plain
removal?

> If not: Does installing "xdialog" help?

Will try after above suggestion.

>> Oh and another thing, when broadcasting a message (nxserver
>> --broadcast "hi
>> there"), I'm getting a blank window on the NX session, so without the
>> message. That might be related to the first issue.
>
> Yes, might be.
>
> FreeNX can use three different backends:
>
> xmessage, xdialog and nxclient (commercial).
>
> It might have to do with -noautokill lsupplied by FreeNX, which was
> removed from commercial client/server in 1.5.0.
>
> So if you use commercial client removing all -noautokill options from
> nxnode might help.

I don't understand exactly what this means. Where are the "-noautokill
options" for nxnode?

Thanks for your answer (and for the new release, much appreciated!!)

Durk