[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX and Debian

Markus Feilner lists at feilner-it.net
Wed Dec 19 14:33:14 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 19 December 2007 11:28:00 Marcelo Boveto Shima wrote:
> You have to create a pbuilder environment and build using it.
> pbuilder create --basetgz etch.tgz --distribution etch
> pbuilder build --basetgz etch.tgz package.dsc
>
> Regards,
> Marcelo

Hi Tim,

At least for Ubuntu users there is a repo with newer debs:
If you are satisfied with freenx 0.6, Seveas has pre-built packages here:

# Seveas FreeNX repos
deb http://free.linux.hp.com/~brett/seveas/freenx feisty-seveas freenx
deb-src http://free.linux.hp.com/~brett/seveas/freenx feisty-seveas freenx

For me, these packages work, and all dependencies that are neeeded and not in
universe/multiverse, are here.
Just C'n'P these lines to your sources.list and then run "apt-get update"
and "apt-get install freenx".

Before that, you will need to import Seveas' PGP key with something like:

wget http://seveas.imbrandon.com/1135D466.gpg -O- | sudo apt-key add -

More help for Ubuntu:
http://wiki.ubuntuusers.de/FreeNX

Enjoy!

:-)
--

Best Regards - Mit freundlichen Gruessen
Markus Feilner

Feilner IT Linux & GIS
Linux Solutions, Training, Seminare und Workshops - auch Inhouse
Koetztingerstr 6c                93057 Regensburg
Telefon:                        +49 941 8 10 79 89
Mobil:                           +49 170 3 02 70 92
WWW: www.feilner-it.net mail: mfeilner at feilner-it.net