[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX and Debian

Marcelo Boveto Shima marceloshima at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 14:53:51 UTC 2007

Hi,

I was trying to port nxlibs to xorg 7.0 some time ago. I have made
everything compile successfully. But I got a black screen when connected
(seems libx11 problem), I'm not a xorg hacker, so I gave up.
The packages I've created:
libx11-nx
libxrender-nx
nxcomp
nxcompshad
nxproto-input
nxproxy
nxtrans
libxau-nx
libxt-nx
nxcompext
nx-proto-core
nxproto-kb
nxssh
nx-X11 (only nxagent)

nxagent is not modular so I compiled it using links to headers and removing
everything else from the build script.

If anyone is interested I can put the sources somewhere.

There are nx packages for feisty in
https://edge.launchpad.net/~marceloshima/+archive. It is modular. I use
nxlib-dev as build-dep to compile nxcomp, nxcompext and nxcompshat, but
libxcomp-dev is build-dep to nxlibs. nxcomp that uses nx-proto-core is not
on this repository but I've made it.

Hope this can help,
Marcelo