[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX and Debian

Tim Freedom tim_freedom at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 12 21:36:30 UTC 2007

--- Durk Strooisma <durk at kern.nl> wrote:
> > Is there a proper repo that can be used instead of fetching .deb
> > packages from various potentially soon-disappearing locations ?
> > Can Jeremy's pacakges, once proven for the mainstream debian populous
> > out there, get included on say the FreeNX advertised debian site
> > (http://packages.debianbase.de) or others ?  This is really important.
>
> You can find in the november archive information about my repos with
> NX-packages for sarge (seems to work on etch as well). These are a bit
> behind, but still usable; NX 2.1, FreeNX 0.6.0.

And that's what I'm pointing out - various people try, get something
going and then either abandon it and/or move on (or the links become
stale).  Could we get your files (and Jeremy's and ...) all uploaded
and maintained (on each release) to a single website/URL/repository ?

> >> About why it didn't make it in the Debian list, look for something
> >> like "FreeNX rewrite". This year there was a long discussion about it.

In looking through this I also came across the following,

 http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-nx-group/2007-July/thread.html

but the thread seems dead (no posts since July 07) - have there been
any resolutions to this (and many other topics I came across - new
website, new project name, possible collaboration with the 2X team,
etc, etc).  Can all these interesting "future centric" issues be
noted clearly somewhere to not only lessen confusion but to spur
contribution, support and innovation (homepage, a wiki page, etc) ?

Regards.