[FreeNX-kNX] Problem with FreeNX on openSUSE 10.3

Bart Whiteley bwhiteley at novell.com
Wed Dec 12 20:42:41 UTC 2007

I've been using FreeNX and knx between two SLED10 boxes for some time.
I updated the client box to openSUSE 10.3 some time ago, and things
continued to work.  I recently updated the server box to openSUSE 10.3,
and now I can't launch an NX session with knx anymore.  Knx acts like it
is starting the session, but the session never starts.  Eventually I get
a "Could not yet establish the connection ..." error on the client.
Syslog on the server shows the PAM authentication taking place, but
nothing else of interest.

What steps can I take to narrow down the problem?

Thanks.